Adopt a river eco solutions
Adopt a Beach eco solutions
Get in touch
ADOPT A RIVER
Is a passionate non-profit dedicated to making a difference in our waterways.
We work together with local communities, for the environment.
We work with caring corporates and engage all stakeholders in an effort to find sustainable solutions to a complex, multi-faceted water crisis.
We focus on community-based solutions to the myriad of river health issues we face. We understand that each river, each stretch, each community is different and a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach is not going to work.
What we do
We facilitate partnerships between corporate, government, and community role players for the benefit of our waterways in South Africa:
- Everything is multi-dimensional and there are layers that need to be unpacked to understand how to fix a system first.
- We understand that Networking and forging relationships with key stakeholders is crucial for sustainability.
- We primarily focus on grassroots level as a first approach, so working from bottom up, and empowering communities to think critically and hold authorities to account for the state of their environment.
- Our ultimate goal is to improve the health of the environment and in doing so, the health of the people who depend on it.
- This often entails 'tackling the insurmountable' and recognising the complexity of the socio-ecological space.
Watch Our Video
Make a Donation Today
OUR LATEST NEWS
We were proud to be part of this pilot initiative. A project funded mainly by the Department Of Science & Innovation and managed by DUCT....
Situated in the majestic Msunduzi river valley this community-driven need for change resulted in a partnership between local residents, Adopt a...
This team of 5 river rangers situated at the uMngeni River Mouth have been operating here since June 2019. Proudly sponsored by ADreach and...
It is our collective and individual responsibility… to preserve and tend to the world in which we all live.